We are a member of PCCA, the Professional Compounding Centers of America, which allows us to be linked to a network of expert compounding pharmacists and receive advanced training from their organization.
Our HistoryKunkel Pharmacy, first known as Kunkel Apothecary, was founed by Mr. Frank Kunkel in 1939. The first location was in Madisonville. Stores later followed in Anderson Township, Oakley, Indian Hill and Northside. Also in the 1940's, Kunkel started the first pharmacy in Mercy Hospital in Mariemont.
Frank Kunkel sold the Anderson Township, Madisonville and Indian Hill locations to William Ken Memke, R.Ph. in 1967. Stores later followed in Hyde Park, Batavia, and a second store in Anderson Township at a medical building location on Five Mile Road.
In 1987, Ken Memke sold the Beechmont Avenue location in Anderson Township to James Murphy and John A. Dinkelaker. In 1992, James Murphy sold his part of the business to the current owner, John A. Dinkelaker. In July of 1999, Kunkel Pharmacy moved to its current location on Beechmont Avenue to better serve its customers, making it one of the largest independent pharmacies in the Greater Cincinnati area.
In 2014, Kunkel Pharmacy became Tri-State Compounding Pharmacy and Kunkel Medical.